Post Graduate Diploma in English Language Teaching
(One Year - Distance Mode Programme)
The last date of admission to PGDELT Distance Mode Programme has been extended up to 15.06.2018
Click here to download the Application Form for PGDELT
Click here to download the PGDELT Course Information
Click here to download the Information about RIESI
Call letter for the final contact Programme - Click here
To Know your Register Number - Click here
Call letter for Mid contact class's - Click here
2017-2018 - Assignments - Click here
Model Question Papers - Click here
Admission for 2017-18
The different programmes related to the areas given below are coordinated by a team of qualified, experienced and committed members of faculty ably assisted by dedicated non-teaching staff.
- English for Specific Purpose
- Staff Development and Media
Application forms can be had from the Director, Regional Institute of English, South India, Bengaluru by sending a crossed Demand Draft (DD) for ₹ 250/- drawn in favour of the Director, RIESI, Bengaluru, payable at Bengaluru or it can also be downloaded from our website www.riesielt.org
How to Apply:
Fill in the application form by giving all the details required and enclosing copies of certificates wherever necessary as proof. Mail all of them to
Regional Institute of English, South India
Bengaluru - 560 056
Last date for submitting the application form along with the fees is 31.05.2017.
Copies of certificates required to be enclosed:
- S.S.L.C Marks Card (Date of Birth / Age proof)
- PUC Marks Card
- Degree Marks Card (B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. / M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Com.)
Photocopies with attestation by a Gazetted Officer.
Enclose TWO stamp size photograph (for Identify Card & Admission Register) along with the application form.
Course Fee: ₹ 9,000/-
Application Fee: ₹ 250/-
- Registration Fee
- Tuition Fee
- Institute Journal Subscription Fee
- Grade Card
- Library Fee
- Postage and Stationery
Course fee should be remitted only through Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of the Director, RIESI, Bengaluru, payable at Bengaluru.
Note: Cash, MOs and Cheques will not be accepted.
One year distance mode
A candidate is given four attempts to complete the course. In case if he / she fails to do so, he / she has to get re-admission to the course.
The course aims to help the students
- improve their proficiency in English language
- acquire knowledge and skills related to English language teaching
- become effective classroom teachers
- become aware of the need for continuous professional development
- acquire core trainer skills in English language teaching
The course aims to help the students
- Listening and Speaking
- Language Work
- Methods and Materials of English Language Teaching
- Teacher Development
In addition to the above, students will be required to engage themselves in supervised and assessed practice teaching when they attend the final contact programme
There will be two compulsory contact programmes. The first programme will be for 3 working days in October and the second programme will be for 20 working days in April / May 2015 including final examination and teaching practice.
Each subject / paper mentioned above will have four modules. Each module will have 3 – 4 units. As soon as the student is admitted to the course he / she will be provided with the following:
- Learning materials (6 booklets) and assignment details (2 in each subject i.e. 12 assignments).
- Schedule for despatching completed assignments
- Schedule for the two compulsory contact programmes (for Batch 18A and Batch 18B)
- Identify card (students are advised to bring the Identity Card when they attend the contact programmes)
Assessment and Evaluation Certificates:
A student who fulfills the following requirements will be awarded a certificate at the end and given a grade on a six-point scale. The final grade point average will be based on the student’s performance in the assignments meant for internal assessment and final test and teaching practice besides fulfilling other requirements like 80% attendance in both the contact programmes and adhering to the dates.
Subject-wise Evaluation / Weighting Break-up:
- 50 Final Test
- 10 Aural Discrimination Test
- 10 Oral Production Test
- Students attending the contact programmes will not be paid TA / DA for their attendance
- Out-station participants however may make use of the hostel facilities available for their stay against nominal payment
- Students in need of accommodation may write well in advance to the Director, RIESI, Bengaluru
Click here to download the Application Form