A premier Institute at the national and international level that helps States shapes their policies and practices in English language education to facilitate a continuous process of quality enhancement through research and development in curriculum, materials and training.
- To improve the standards of teaching of English in Primary and Secondary schools in the four states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu
- To train teachers
- To undertake and facilitate conferences, seminars, etc.,
- To prepare suitable textbooks, guidance and other materials for teachers at various levels
- To afford help to the four states in drawing up the syllabus in English
- To undertake research studies in ELT
- To conduct regular and need based courses in English language
The RIESI is set amidst sylvan surroundings in the sprawling campus of Jnanabharathi (Bengaluru University). It is 10 kms away from the heart of the city. The lush green and serene environs of the Institute campus provide a conducive atmosphere for learning.
A well equipped computer lab with Internet access that facilitates CALL and several online learning programmes
A well designed auditorium for conducting seminars and workshop.
A Conference Room, fully air-conditioned, with a seating capacity of 200 and equipped with the latest gadgets on par with International standards.
Large ventilated classrooms with adequate furniture and other modern gadgets to facilitate face-to-face and tele-mode transaction.
Comfortable accommodation with modern amenities is available for men and women, teachers and scholars. Apart from the regular accommodation facility, the Institute also has a guest house consisting of individual suites with telephone and television.
The Institute canteen provides wholesome food at reasonable cost.
- Playground for volleyball, badminton and other outdoor sports
- Equipment for indoor games like table tennis, chess and carrom